BRACHIOPLAST ( ARM LIFT SURGERY)
|BRACHIOPLASTY (ARM LIFT SURGERY) – AT A GLANCE|
|Procedure Time||Approx. 3 hours|
|Anesthesia||General anesthesia / local anesthesia and IV sedation|
|Hospital Stay||Inpatient or Outpatient as needed|
|Back to Work||2 weeks|
|Recovery||4 to 6 weeks|
|Durations of Results||Long lasting, depending on one’s health|
|Risks/Complications||Healing issues, poor scarring, bleeding, infection, and seroma (fluid collection) (Refer FAQs for more information).|
Brachioplasty also known as arm lift surgery, reshapes the under portion of the upper arm, from the underarm region to the elbow. According to the degree of arm flaccidity the incision is shorter or longer to produce the desired aesthetic results.
Short incisions are used in patients with mild flaccidity, but longer incisions are preferable for patients with excessive flaccidity. These patients are treated with lipoplasty and tissue removal involving a long incision.
Some of the factors for sagging upper arms are heredity, loss of soft tissue elasticity, fat accumulation, physiologic and hormonal changes, and excessive sun exposure.
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Discuss with surgeon the outcomes you are expecting and understand the possibilities of the outcomes you are looking for from the surgery.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before surgery; NO alcohol too.
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities for 2- 3 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks, stop alcohol intake for 4 weeks.
- Do not lift weights, for six weeks.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
A patient in overall good health, who has been weight stable for at least one year and desires to improve the contour of this/her upper arms.
It is performed as an outpatient or inpatient surgery, under general/local anesthesia. The incision is done on the inside of the arm or on the back of the arm as preferred by your surgeon. The incision extends from underarm (axilla) to just above the elbow. Excess fat may be directly excised or treated with liposuction and the excess skin removed.
The arm feels lifted with smoother, tighter contours usually apparent almost immediately following the surgery. Swelling and bruising are natural part of the post-surgery signs. It makes you feel more confident and presentable with firm arms.
The results of arm lift surgery is long-lasting, if you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As you age, your body tends to lose some firmness, but it should be relatively permanent.
It depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 95,000-1,10,000.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from Brachioplasty surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in brachioplasty and arm lift surgeries.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.