WRINKLE TREATMENTS (BOTOX AND FACIAL FILLERS)
|WRINKLE TREATMENTS AT A GLANCE|
|Procedure Time||10- 20 minutes
General or local anesthesia (if elected by the patient)
|Anesthesia||Usually Topical anesthetic cream, or local anesthesia|
|Back to Work||Immediate with make-up|
|Recovery||Swelling and redness settles after 24 to 48 hours|
|Durations of Results||Partial or complete correction of wrinkles and folds.|
|Risks/Complications||Irregularities or lumpiness, over- or under-correction, and infection. (Refer FAQs for more information).|
One of the most common complaints of aging are wrinkles, though sun spots, pigmentation and sagging skin are also part of it. Aging wrinkles are actually a concern of most people which can effectively be treated with topical treatments and invasive methods.
Wrinkles are of two types, fine surface lines and deep furrows associated with muscular contraction.
Topical wrinkle treatments are generally effective for fine lines. Deeper creases may require more invasive techniques, such as injection of fillers or plastic surgery.
Topical retinoids, derived from vitamin A, when applied to the skin may reduce fine wrinkles, splotches and skin roughness. Retinol, antioxidants and some peptides may result in slight to modest improvements in wrinkles. Non-prescription wrinkle creams do not produce long-term results.
A variety of skin-resurfacing techniques, injectables, fillers and surgical procedures are available to smooth out wrinkles. Some procedures work well on their own and some, may work in combination with other procedures, and may yield better results. Here are some invasive treatments for wrinkles:
- Laser, light source and radiofrequency treatments: In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the outer layer of skin and heats the underlying skin dermis which stimulates the growth of new collagen fibers. For saggy, crepe-like skin, Thermage device using radio-frequency energy tightens skin. One sitting is sufficient for this treatment.
- Chemical peel: This burns the outer layer of your skin to remove wrinkles, age spots and freckles. Depending on the depth of the peel, redness lasts for several weeks.
- Dermabrasion: Also called dermaplaning, involves sanding (planing) the surface layer of skin with a rotating brush, to remove the skin surface. Redness, scabbing and swelling generally last a couple of weeks.
- Microdermabrasion: Similar to dermabrasion, this technique removes only a fine layer of skin, requiring a series of sittings to produce best results. Redness, scabbing and swelling generally last a couple of weeks
- Botulinum toxin type A (Botox): Small doses of it injected into specific muscles prevents muscles from contracting. This makes skin smoother and less wrinkled. Botox can treat frown lines between the eyebrows, across the forehead and on crow’s-feet at the outer eye corners.
- Soft tissue fillers when injected into deeper wrinkles on your face plumps and smoothen wrinkles and furrows. Example: Juvederm, Restylane, etc.
- Face-lift Procedures remove excess skin and fat in your lower face and neck and tighten the underlying muscle and connective tissue clearing out wrinkles.
- Results, however vary depending on the location and depth of your wrinkles. Nothing stops the skin from aging process, so repeated treatments may be required to maintain its benefits.
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
The side-effects may include redness, tenderness, and bruising. Cold application after treatment can minimize these side effects. For all fillers, risks include irregularities or lumpiness, over- or under-correction, asymmetry and infection. Permanently visible lumps or late reactions with some permanent fillers can result.
It depends on the type of treatment, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
The cost can vary between Rs. 20,000 – Rs.2,00,000.
Send your pictures to get an opinion from doctor before you come for consultation to understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
Why Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS)?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, proven and stable.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience and training in various wrinkle treatments. We customize solutions according to the individual’s problem after a comprehensive consultation and standardized assessment of procedure.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad/Secunderabad cities.
As an ISAPS certified doctor, Dr. Bhyri possess the highest level of training and credentials in aesthetic surgery. We discuss in detail, the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare results.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.