Vaginal Plastic Surgery – Vaginoplasty
Vaginoplasty is a plastic surgery for vaginal reconstruction. It aims to “tighten up” a vagina which has become loose from vaginal childbirth or aging. The weak vaginal muscles that lose its elasticity and becomes saggy can be corrected with Vaginoplasty, bringing back confidence and youthfulness in its structure and the feel.
Though the need for vaginoplasty can be many, the two primary categories for opting it, are:
- Cosmetic vaginal surgery – This includes medical reasons (such as repairing damage from trauma or childbirth) and purely cosmetic reasons (such as the desire to have a more attractive vagina to improve your self-esteem).
- Vaginal tightening surgery – which is designed to reduce the size of your vaginal opening, that has become stretched from childbirth or, ageing and poor muscle tone.
Both surgeries are considered “vaginal reconstruction” or “vaginal rejuvenation.” Vaginal rejuvenation covers several different procedures. Among the procedures that comprise female genital plastic surgery are labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty and vaginoplasty.
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Discuss with surgeon the outcomes you are expecting and understand the possibilities of the outcomes you are looking for from the surgery.
- Quit smoking for 4 weeks and alcohol for 2 weeks before surgery;
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities for 2- 3 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks, stop alcohol intake for 4 weeks.
- Do not lift weights or bend at the waist to lift, for six weeks or advised
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Women in the age group of 30-50, after childbirth; having vaginal laxity, resulting from stretching of tissues and separating of muscles; lack of muscle tone contributing to sexual dissatisfaction.
- Vaginoplasty improves vaginal structure
- Repairs weak vaginal muscles improving its tone and elasticity
- Tightens vaginal opening that may enhance your sexual experience.
- Improves confidence with vaginal firmness
- Feels youthful with tightening of vaginal opening
It is done under general anesthesia and takes 1-3 hours. Incision is made in the creases of the vagina to decrease the mucosa to tighten the vaginal opening. The sagging muscles are sewed together to improve elasticity. It can be done along with Labia Reduction Surgery as required.
The most common complications involve:
- Excess bleeding
- Necrosis (tissue death)
- Anesthesia risks
Vaginoplasty recovery is often less stressful, even though it is a more complex procedure. The results are visible in 4-6 weeks after recovery.
It depends on the type and area of vaginoplasty surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost of lower body lift can vary between Rs. 35,000 – Rs. 55,000.
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation to help us understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from vaginal rejuvenation surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in cosmetic and plastic procedures.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.