– GET BACK YOUR SELF ESTEEM WITH HCS!
Are you undergoing a higher level of depression and social anxiety due to white patches all over the body? Unable to socialize with the people around you? Get out of the emotional distress with Vitiligo Surgery from Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.
People who are suffering from the pale white patches on the face and all over the body, especially on the sun-exposed parts is known as Vitiligo. It is caused due to the destruction of Melanocytes which are responsible for skin pigmentation. Autoimmune thyroid disease is another possible reason behind the Vitiligo, which has no cure. However, there are many tropical and surgical treatments are available for effective treatment of Stable Vitiligo.
Surgical treatment of Vitiligo
The main aim of the surgical treatment of Vitiligo is to transfer the Melanocytes (cells that produce pigment) from normal skin (donor site) to the skin affected by Vitiligo.
Best Treatment for Vitiligo in India
There are mainly two surgery methods for Vitiligo:
Grafting of Melanocyte-tissue – Tissue Grafting
- Miniature Punch Grafting – Punching out of skin from donor site to recipient site.
- Suction Blister grafting – Negative pressure applied to pigmented donor site to promote the formation of multiple blisters.
- Split thickness skin grafting – Shaving of thin layers of skin from a donor site to recipient site.
Grafting of Melanocyte Cells – Cellular Grafting
- Autologous Non-cultured epidermal cell suspensions- Tissue is harvested from donor site following incubation with the non-cultured suspensions and transplanted to de-epithelialized recipient skin.
- Cultured Melanocyte suspensions – Cultured melanocyte suspension transplanted to the de-epithelialized recipient skin after incubation and harvesting.
Techniques used for skin removal
Dermabrasion is an inpatient procedure performed under general anesthesia. The procedure begins with cleaning the sanded area with an antiseptic agent. A numbing spray will be applied to freeze the area that is being treated. The doctor will carefully maneuver the Dermabrasion tool and removes the skin layers as required for the treatment.
The pigmented lesions can be treated with laser systems. The doctors will target the concerned area affected with Vitiligo and removes the skin layers targeted for the treatment with the utmost care. The laser beam is utilized to minimize the scars in the targeted part and helps in obtaining the desired outcome for the vitiligo surgery.
Stem Cell Therapy –An ultimate Modern approach for Vitiligo is now in HCS
Mesenchymal stem cells have been found to have Immunomodulatory and Immunosuppressive properties which can act efficiently in treating the thyroid autoimmune diseases like Vitiligo. On administration of the Mesenchymal stem cells in Vitiligo, it prevents further damage to the Melanocytes and helps in reducing the disease progression. When comes to unstable Vitiligo, if stabilization can be achieved with other therapies like surgery can be used for further management. The Mesenchymal stem cells also boost pigmentation over some time.
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Vitiligo is a long term problem where the growing patches of the skin lose its natural color. Dark white patches can be seen all over the body. This condition can be affected by any gender at any age group.
Vitiligo is caused due to the death of Melanocytes in the skin. The Melanocytes are responsible for pigmentation and melanin gives color and protects the skin from UV rays. The exact cause of Vitiligo is unknown.
• Vitiligo affects people of any gender and age
• It is a lifelong condition but can get the best results with cosmetic surgery.
• It is not contagious
• The exact cause is still unknown but, considered as a Viral or Autoimmune disorder.
• Patients can get better results with surgery
• Flat white spots on skin or skin discoloration
• Premature hair Greying on scalp, eyelashes, beard before the age of 35
• Colour loss in tissues inside mouth and nose
• Colour loss in the retina
• Discolored patches all over the body.
• It starts as a simple spot and grows bigger, pale and turns white in color.
• The white patches are irregular in shape and inflamed in the edges with a slight red tone and become itchy.
• Painless patches all over the body
Vitiligo can start at any age. According to the reports, it is estimated that it often appears before age 20.
The Vitiligo differentiated into three types basing on the spread of discolored patches on the patient’s body.
• Many parts of your body – Generalized Vitiligo
• Only one side or part of the body – Segmental Vitiligo
• One of only a few areas of the body – Focal or localized Vitiligo
The stability of the Vitiligo is depended upon the progression of the lesions. If there is no progression for at least 2 years, it is termed as a stable Vitiligo. If there are new lesions over the past 6 weeks, then it is considered as an unstable Vitiligo.
The main target of Vitiligo surgery is to achieve a complete Depigmentation that cosmetically matches the surrounding skin.
- Patient’s Age
- Disease stability
- The proposed method of surgery
- Proposed donor site
- Size and location of the Vitiligo patches
- Avoid being in the hot sun
- Wearing protective clothing
- Using high factor sunscreen lotion
- Avoid skin injuries
- Regular monitoring with your doctor
Have questions about the treatment or need an appointment for consultation?
Call : 9440 36 24 36 or Ask a Query or Book an Appointment
Send us your pictures before you come for consultation, to understand if you are a candidate for the procedure and help advise you better.