Labiaplasty – Labia Reduction Surgery
Labiaplasty or labia reduction surgery is one of the vaginal rejuvenation surgeries aimed at reducing the length of labia minora. It is one of the most commonly performed vaginal rejuvenation procedures that can relieve one from the discomfort of irritation, itching or tugging and twisting of the labia.
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Discuss with surgeon the outcomes you are expecting and understand the possibilities of the outcomes you are looking for from the surgery.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before surgery; NO alcohol too.
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities for 2- 3 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks, stop alcohol intake for 4 weeks.
- Do not lift weights, for six weeks.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Labiaplasty can help reduce the size or asymmetry of labia to avoid any discomfort in terms of it hanging below the labia majora, or the pain from its tugging and twisting during intercourse or riding a bike, and to give you a sense of confidence.
Labia reduction surgery is a procedure that can be done under either local anesthesia with oral sedation or under general anesthesia. The most common is the trim procedure that is done by removing the extra tissue and sewed up. The other common procedure is the wedge procedure that is done to remove the pie-shaped piece of tissue maintain a natural border.
The risks include over-resection, bleeding, hematoma and infection, chronic dryness, scarring at or near the vaginal opening and pain with intercourse. The wedge procedure poses difficulty in healing.
Patients of Trim labiaplasty recover quickly. This period may involve pain and swelling and may take a week to subside. A cold pack sandwiched between the patient’s underpants and an elastic garment. Keeping her bottom elevated helps to reduce swelling. Patients can resume wearing tampons or having intercourse after a month or two.
It depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 50,000.
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation to help us understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients have experienced rewarding results from Labia reduction surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in cosmetic and plastic procedures.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.