Facial implants | Chin & Jaw Implants
Concerned about the way you look or thinking about cosmetic treatments to boost your confidence? With Facial implants we can augment, reconstruct, or rejuvenate your facial contours bringing a more harmonious balance to the facial features. This procedure also restores shape to a face, after trauma or serious diseases such as cancer.
Facial Implants are solid, pre-shaped, three-dimensional objects and offer a more permanent solution. They come in many shapes, styles and sizes, and serve as a treatment solution to all the areas of the face – chin, jaw, nose, cheeks and beside the nose (paranasal). It can correct any facial anomaly from the temple to the jawline, and everything in between.
Here are a few answers to questions about Facial Implants that may enable you to take informed decisions before you opt for the treatment:
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced surgeon
- Quit smoking at least 2 weeks before surgery
- Refrain from eating or drinking for at least 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery
- Be prepared to face any kind of risks/complications
- Clear understanding of the follow-up care including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly, to avoid complications
- No rigorous activities, blowing nose, strenuous activities for 2 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 2-3 weeks, and alcohol for couple of days
- Prop up your head while sleeping and try not to touch your face
- Do not expose to direct sunlight (use UVA UVB sun blocks)
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Facial Implants, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Plastic surgery for face is recommended for those whose head and skull have reached physical maturity. Facial implant procedures may be standalone, or part of other facial rejuvenation procedures like facelift or blepharoplasty.
Those with weak facial bones around the eyes, cheeks, midface or lack of facial contour, can be considered for facial implants. Eg. small chin, a weak jaw, flat or sunken cheeks, hollow temporals etc. Your medical history and your current state of health matters in deciding the candidature for facial implants.
Usually made from human tissue or synthetic materials such as silicone or polythene. Silicone implants are made of solid materials which are compatible with human tissues.
Though any area of your face can be augmented with implants, the most common sites are the cheeks, chin and jaw.
There are chin, jawline, nose, lip, temporal and orbital rim implants that can be used for different parts of the face, as needed.
Since the procedure is performed under local anesthesia (awake, but sedated) or general anesthesia (asleep), you may not feel the pain during the surgery. The appropriate type of anesthesia for you is recommended based on the discussion with you and your anesthesiologist.
The surgery time depends on the area of surgery and the number of facial implants to be done. The treatment could last from 30 minutes to several hours. Most facial implant cases are done on an outpatient basis. However, extensive facial augmentation procedures may require an overnight stay.
After the surgery, you may expect:
- Mild pain or discomfort with swelling and bruising
- Prescription antibiotics to prevent infection
- Wound protection with dressing
Complete recovery after the procedure takes about six weeks when the swelling subsides almost 95 percent. Swelling after the surgery is common after facial implants with 50 percent swelling subsiding in the first ten days.
Like all other surgeries, facial implants also have some risk associated with it, differing from patient-to-patient, such as:
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia
- Bleeding or infection surrounding the implant
- Blood clot formation
- Numbness (temporary / permanent)
- Inflamed, itchy scarsDifficulty with talking or smiling for several weeks
- Displacement of implants, ( may require further surgery).
The surgery cost includes:
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Fee – Anesthetist and Surgeon
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost of this surgical procedure depends on the individual health condition and the implant used. The facial implants for chin may start from Rs. 20,000.
Why Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS)?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Several of our patients have had safe and effective facial implant procedures that have proved to be rewarding for the patient.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in face implants and facial-reshaping procedures.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad/Secunderabad cities.
HCS uses high quality 3D CT scans for custom facial implant procedures to address facial asymmetry or treat unique abnormalities, as per the individual’s aesthetic need. From a 3D CT scan, facial implants can be computer designed and manufactured in any size and shape.
We discuss in detail, the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and evaluate results.
HCS is an empathetic team that ensures best patient care; provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.