Non Surgical Face Lift | Rhytidectomy
A face lift, medically known as Rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that aims at restoring harmony and balance to an aged face. Facelift surgery is considered to regain the youthful contours in the face, lost due to factors like thinning of the skin, loss of facial fat, sun damage, smoking, as well as stress and heredity.
Facelift surgery is an elective. Men and women benefit both physically and psychologically from face lifts, with improved confidence.
- Sagging skin
- Aging temples, cheeks, jaw line and neck
- Deep fold lines between the nose and mouth corners
- Double chin from excess fat in the neck, or loose skin
The results of facelift for younger patients are often more subtle, as compared to older patients with dramatic results, making you look 10 – 15 years younger. However, as a restorative surgery, a facelift restores your fundamental appearance, but cannot stop the aging process.
To help you make informed decisions about face lift surgery, here are some answers to questions you may have about the surgery:
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Quit smoking 2 weeks before surgery
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities, blowing nose, shower for a week.
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks
- Prop up your head while sleeping to reduce swelling and improve recovery
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
A consultation is the first step to evaluate if you are the right candidate for facelift surgery. Based on the evaluation, your cosmetic surgeon will judge and confirm your candidature for the surgery.
If you have a loose and sagging facial skin along the jaw line or under the chin, pigmentation and wrinkles, a facial lift can make big difference. It is also important to have good health, positive outlook and realistic expectations to qualify for facelift surgery.
Depending on your goals and your expectation, your facelift choices include a traditional facelift, limited incision facelift or a neck lift. Other procedures to enhance facelift include:
- Contour improvement – Facial implants or fat transfer
- Facial tone and texture improvement – Resurfacing techniques
- Wrinkle reduction – fat injection or fillers
The most important terms for patients to understand are upper facelift, mid facelift and lower facelift or full facelift.
Risks are inherent in any surgical procedure, as with face lift surgeries. With this surgery you may experience:
- Fatigue, anxiety or stress
- Bleeding, infection,
- Medication/anesthesia reactions, temporary hair loss to incision sites,
- Prolonged swelling, fluid accumulation in the area
- Hyperpigmentation, skin irregularities
- Change in hairline
- Nerve injury affecting facial muscles
- Dimpling, surface irregularities and
- Poor wound healing
- Persistent pain
- Excessive Scarring
Ask the following questions to the surgeon about:
- ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) Board Certification
- Number of years of Plastic Surgery Training
- Number of years of Experience
- If Before-After images are shared
- How are the post-surgery complications handled
It takes about 15 – 21 days to get back to a relatively normal routine after your facelift. And, it may take a year or so – before all the residual swelling, bruising and changes in skin sensation resolve. This depends on your lifestyle and general health. After 3 weeks or you alone may notice subtle side effects of the facelift surgery. Sun exposure must be limited for several months after surgery.
As aging is inevitable, its effects cannot be stopped, though the results from facelift surgery may last for a few years after the surgery. The results depend on how you maintain yourself with regard to your lifestyle, use of sunscreen, managing habits like smoking (quitting) and alcohol (limited intake).
The cost of facelift surgery depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from face-lift surgery.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in face implants and facial-reshaping procedures.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.