Lower body lift Surgery – Belt lipectomy
A body lift surgery aims at improving the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports skin and fat. It reduces excess fat, bulges and sagging skin folds through Plastic Surgery procedures known as ‘body lift surgery’ or body contouring.
Lower Body Lift surgery is a combination of skin reduction procedures that tighten and sculpt the lower body parts, significantly improving the shape and tone of the underlying tissue:
- Abdomen – extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Thighs – inner, outer or posterior thigh, or
- the thigh’s circumference
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Discuss with surgeon the outcomes you are expecting and understand the possibilities of the outcomes you are looking for from the surgery.
- Quit smoking for 4 weeks and alcohol for 2 weeks before surgery;
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities for 2- 3 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks, stop alcohol intake for 4 weeks.
- Do not lift weights or bend at the waist to lift, for six weeks.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
The right candidates for lower body lift are:
- Those with loose soft tissue in one or multiple body areas
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions
- Those with a positive outlook, realistic goals and have a clear understanding of the outcome
- Those committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness.
The procedure may be done under general anesthesia or IV sedation as advised by your surgeon. The surgery involves extensive incisions, varying in pattern and length depending on the location and skin removal.
These deep incisions are put together with deep sutures, skin adhesives, tapes or clips to close the skin incisions.
Your doctor will explain the possible risks or potential complications that may arise from body lift surgery. Possible risks may include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (Hematoma)
- Poor wound healing
- Fluid accumulation
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Death of fatty tissue under the skin
- Persistent pain
- Persistent swelling in the legs
- Altered abdominal sensation
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possible need for revisionary surgery
- Skin loss
Sutures may spontaneously surface through the skin, become visible or produce irritation and require removal.
During recovery it is normal to experience swelling and bruising and to feel numbness or pain around the incision site. It is important to carefully follow the post-op instructions of your doctor to help faster healing and recovery such as:
- Caring for your surgical site(s) after the surgery
- Oral or topical medications to be taken
- Caring for your drains
- Reporting to the doctor immediately if shortness of breath, chest pains or unusual heartbeats, are observed
- Follow up care without missing appointments
The results are observed almost immediately. It may take one to two years to experience the final results. The benefits of your body lift will be long-term if you maintain a stable weight and have a good level of fitness. However, the body’s normal aging process can reduce firmness of skin, over time.
It depends on the type of Facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Implants, if required
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost of lower body lift can vary between Rs. 100,00 – Rs. 1,40,000.
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation to help us understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from lower body lift surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in cosmetic and plastic procedures.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex Reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.