Breast reduction| Reduction Mammoplasty
If you have oversized breasts or concerned about the weight and shape of breasts, Reduction Mammoplasty also referred as breast reduction surgery is an option.
This surgery reduces the size and improves the shape of the breasts. Typically, women who have a weight problem or drooping breasts with symptoms of back or pain, are preferred for breast reduction surgery.
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Discuss with surgeon the outcomes you are expecting and understand the possibilities of the outcomes you are looking for from the surgery.
- Quit smoking 2 weeks before surgery and alcohol too.
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities for 2- 3 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks
- Do not lift more than five pounds or bend at the waist to lift for six weeks.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Typically, women who have physical symptoms related to the weight or shape of their breasts such as back pain, neck pain, and bra strap grooves in the shoulders.
The incisions vary based on the breast size before the operation and the final post-operative size. Short scar techniques are frequently applicable in breast reduction surgery that have good results and limited incision.
In some cases, where the breasts are very large, the nipple and areola may need to be surgically removed and reapplied as a graft. This can result in the loss of nipple sensation and the inability to breastfeed.
The anesthesia selected depends on the size of the breasts, type of anesthesia selected, and length of the surgical procedure. The procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia in addition to local anesthesia. Intravenous sedation is used for smaller reduction, without the need for general anesthesia. The procedure may be done as an outpatient or inpatient care with a night stay at the hospital.
Though side effects may include prolonged swelling and delayed healing, some of the associated risk factors are :
- Unfavorable scarring,
- Loss of – nipple sensation, ability to breastfeed, nipple and breast tissue
- Unsatisfactory shape and aesthetic goals.
Typically recovery is observed in one to two weeks, when patients can perform their normal activities during that period. Strenuous physical activities must be avoided for three to six weeks after the surgery. Your breasts will take about six months to acquire their new shape.
It depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Implants if required
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 85,000-1,10,000.
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation to help us understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from Breast Reduction surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in breast augmentation and reduction procedures.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.