Facial & Skin Rejuvination and Resurfacing
Wrinkles, age spots, pigmentation, acne, less firm skin, or a wide range of other imperfections are often a concern of the aging population, generally above 40 years of age. However, there are many different cosmetic treatments available that can help to improve the overall look and feel of your skin whatever may be the blemish.
Various treatment modalities are available to treat different aspects of skin damage. Skin Rejuvenation and Skin Resurfacing are some of the most effective solutions to iron out these problems. Often both these terms are used interchangeably, though they are different.
Here is an overview of what each means, as well as a few examples of both :
Skin rejuvenation helps make your skin look healthier and youthful. These can range from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment is a common and effective methods used for Skin Rejuvenation beside fillers like Botox, Restylane and Juvéderm and other such products.
- PRP Treatment:PRP therapy is one of the most sought-after non-surgical procedures for facial and skin rejuvenation. It uses your own blood platelets to stimulate new cell growth, that help to restore lost facial volume, improve your complexion and skin texture. Because it contains proteins, it helps in wound-healing.How is it done?Your own blood is extracted and prepared for re-injecting rich platelets into the skin to stimulate collagen and new skin cells to rejuvenate the skin. With PRP therapy there is no risk of allergy or rejection of the treatment.Who’s the right candidate for PRP treatment?Your past and present medical history, as well as your past cosmetic history will be assessed to determine your suitability. It is not recommended for people on anti-coagulation treatment, autoimmune conditions, have suffered any type of cancer or who have certain implants in the treatment area.What are the side effects of PRP treatment?Swelling, redness or heat and bruising can occur and may take several days to disappear.Is the treatment done in one sitting?Most patients will require three treatments at four to six week intervals or as advised by your doctor depending on your condition. A series of three treatments can yield results for up to two years.
- Micro-Needling and DermarollersMicro-needling also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive treatment to rejuvenate the skin. A device called Dermapen has fine needles at the end which creates tiny needle pricks in the top layers of skin.Derma-roller is another method of micro-needling, resembling a miniature paint roller (with lots of tiny needles) that is gently rolled in different directions over the surface of skin to achieve the same effect.These pricks or “micro channels” allow skincare products (serums) to penetrate and absorb into the deeper layers of skin and super charge collagen and Elastin growth to deliver best results.This process plumps skin and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, dull skin, scars and pores. It reduces Hyperpigmentation.,
Skin resurfacing is a type of skin rejuvenation that involves removing layers of built-up and dead skin cells, thereby accelerating Desquamation – the skin’s natural process. This includes Dermabrasion, chemical peels and injectable products can improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation disorders (age and sun spots), acne scars and other skin conditions.
- Dermabrasion: is a skin-resurfacing procedure to sand the outer layers of skin with a rapidly rotating device. Some of the conditions it can treat include fine lines, sun damage, acne scars, and uneven texture.Immediately after Dermabrasion, treated skin will be red and swollen. The skin that grows back is usually smoother and younger looking. MicroDermabrasion uses tiny abrasive crystals to Exfoliate dead skin cells for a brighter, smoother complexion.
- Chemical peels: help peel away the outer layer of skin, thus revealing a fresher and smoother layer underneath. Results are determined by the depth of resurfacing, risks and downtime.
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
A consultation with our board certified plastic surgeon or a dermatologist can help identify the right treatment for you. Your doctor will evaluate your skin condition, understand your goals and set the right expectations for you, based on the treatment chosen for your condition.
Skin Resurfacing and Skin Rejuvenation procedures can bring about marked results in improving skin conditions and boosting your confidence. It enhances the appearance and texture of the skin.
- Scars caused by acne, surgery or injuries
- Fine wrinkles
- Sun-damaged skin, age spots, tattoos
- Uneven skin tone
- Swelling and redness of the nose (Rhinophyma)
- Potentially precancerous skin patches (actinic Keratosis)
Dermabrasion, is done under general or local anesthesia, or IV sedation, depending on the extent of your treatment. A topical anesthetic might be rubbed on your skin to decrease sensation and your skin will be numbed with local anesthetics.
Yes it can be paired with other cosmetic procedures or done as a standalone treatment.
Topical creams can smoothen wrinkles, dermal fillers work well on acne scars, micro-needling and laser skin resurfacing, MicroDermabrasion (using tiny abrasive crystals ) Exfoliate dead skin cells for a brighter, smoother complexion. High-quality skin brightening serum protects and reduces sun spots and other pigmentation issues, brightening the skin. Skin resurfacing treatments improves skin tone and texture.
Itching, swelling, redness, acne, infection, changes in skin color, scarring, mild swelling and redness.
The risk of laser skin resurfacing complications is minimal and occasional. However, the procedures can lead to heat injury, activation of cold sores, lightening or darkening of the skin, and rarely, scarring or infection. Application of creams and bandages post treatment can worsen acne or cause you to temporarily develop tiny white bumps (Milia) on treated skin.
When recovering from ablative laser resurfacing, regularly cleaning and application of the treated area may be required with water, saline or acetic acid and thick, protective ointments. Strenuous activities must be avoided for one or two weeks. Cosmetics can be used to conceal any redness.
It depends on the treatment approach, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 20,000 – Rs.50,000
Send your pictures to get an opinion from doctor before you come for consultation to understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
Why Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS)?
HCS adopts evidence-based treatment procedures and scientifically verified products that promote skin health and enhance its natural appearance. Our customized and effective procedures bring about positive results. We provide after care instructions on skincare, nutrition, supplementation and lifestyle habits, to maximize skin health and minimize aging effects.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in dimple creation and facial surgeries.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex Reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad/Secunderabad cities.
We discuss in detail, the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and evaluate results.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.