Liposuction and Liposculpture may be mistaken to be one in the same, or confused one for the other, although they are actually different. Liposuction is a great method for removing large amounts of unwanted fat, but Liposculpture can enable a more toned and athletic appearance along with excess fat removal.
Liposculpture is about using subtle yet detailed planning regarding the changes within different layers of fat to achieve accentuated body contours and beauty. It offers the best of two words ie. body shaping and natural augmentation.
Liposculpting with PRP-enriched Fat
This is one of the most performed procedures. ‘PRP Fat Transfer’ also called ‘Stem Cell Fat Transfer’ is a relatively new technique in which Plasma (serum – liquid part of blood) is processed to attain high concentration of Stem cells and growth factor.
These elements are mixed with the fat extracted out of your body where it is in excess, and reintroduced as a fat graft, in the fat-deficient area. This helps to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and presentable.
Liposculpting with PRP can be performed in almost all regions of the body, such as the cheek, chin, neck, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles.
Liposculpting (with PRP enriched fat grafting) includes:
- Liposuction of cheeks, chin, breast, arms, abdomen & flanks, buttocks, thighs
- Fat Grafting of cheeks, breast, buttocks
- Bichectomy of buccal lipectomy/buccal fat pad removal/wow cheeks
Liposuction, lipectomy, lipoplasty or simply “lipo” is a form of cosmetic surgery for removing unwanted fat from under the skin. A small incision under the skin is made, to insert a tube (cannula) and suck out the fat. Liposuction typically requires only local anesthetic to numb the general area.
Risks and Complications:
- Skin necrosis (death of skin),
- contour irregularities
- Hematoma (bleeding under the skin),
- Seroma (fluid leaking under the skin) etc.
Liposuction is not suitable for all. You must talk to your doctor to determine if it is the right option for you.
Liposuction of Cheeks
Excessive chubby cheeks can make you conscious. Buccal fat (fat in the lower cheek area) is responsible for heavy cheeks. Cheek liposuction, also known as ‘cheek reduction surgery’ and ‘buccal fat area) removal surgery’, aid in the removal of buccal fat, to make the cheeks look smaller and more contoured by removing the buccal fat. It takes less than an hour to perform this procedure.
Associated Risks: Swelling and bruising on the incision area (between cheek and gums); Numbness in the area surrounding the incision lines, jawline, and the middle of the cheeks.
Liposuction of Chin
Chin liposuction can make you look younger and more attractive with a sculpted jawline, and better facial proportion. This is usually opted by those who excess fat in the area beneath their chin, hanging below the jaw, (double chin). This procedure removes fat from beneath the skin and sculpts the chin and neck contour.
Post-Surgery Care: Shorter recovery time, outpatient surgery, healing takes two to three days after the surgery. A chin strap is also worn during those three days to reduce swelling.
Common side effects of chin lipo include bruising, swelling, pain and numbness and complications of infection, skin necrosis, contour irregularities and burns are all possible complications.
Liposuction of Breast
Liposuction can reduce up to 50% of breast size, in case of excess fat tissue in comparison to the glandular or muscular tissue. The breast’s general shape and nipple position will continue to remain the same. If a total reshaping of the breast is desired, then the surgical-incision technique may be indicated.
Liposuction of Arms
Arm liposculpture is performed when arms have excessive fat. This procedure not only to remove excess fat from the arms, but also give them a more defined look. The arm has many areas that can be treated with liposculpture, such as the lower edge of the upper arm with fat hanging. Liposuction can be performed on the outer arms and improved with liposculpture. Liposuction can be performed to enhance the muscular look of the arms, specifically the deltoid and trapezius muscles.
Liposuction of abdomen & flanks
Liposuction of Abdominal Flank removes excess fat deposits in your abdominal flanks, commonly known as “love handles”. It eliminates fatty deposits along the abdomen and back, tapering the waistline and enhancing the body’s natural contours and proportion thus improving your self-image.
Wearing a body garment around the area of liposuction for 1 to 2 months improves your chances for improved contours and of meeting your expectations. The pain will subside in a few days can feel comfortable to return to work in a week.
Liposuction of buttocks and thighs
Fat on the hips, buttocks, and outer thighs are some of the hardest places to loose fat in women as they are mostly genetic, and cannot be easily lost through exercise and diet. Liposuction of the outer thigh is usually preferred to be paired with the buttocks and hips, to enable balance and proportional aesthetics.
Suitable and Unsuitable Candidates for Liposuction:
|Suitable candidates||Unsuitable Candidates|
|Without excess skin||Habit Smokers|
|Good skin elasticity||With chronic health problems|
|Good muscle tone||With weak immune system|
|Have Stubborn fat deposits||Overweight|
|Good overall health and physical shape||With saggy skin|
|Not overweight or obese||With history of diabetes, heart disease, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) etc.|
|Do not smoke||On medication ( blood-thinner)|
A fat grafting is a versatile procedure that involves transferring of fat from areas with excessive fat, (such as the outer thighs), into areas lacking in volume, (such as your face, hands, breasts or buttocks) through fat injections. Tat transfer can be a superior option to avoid the risks of conventional breast implants or fix failed reconstructive surgeries
Fat grafting has become the procedure of choice for various problems, including facial scarring, lip augmentation, breasts and buttocks. Fat transfer is an outpatient procedure that is done under local anesthetic. Patients experience minimal downtime and very little discomfort.
- Fat Grafting of Cheeks – The Fat transfer technique enables subtle, natural-looking changes to the midface region of patients, seeking to achieve seamless results. Sterile cannula (tubes) are used to harvest fat from another region of the body (commonly the buttocks, abdomen, or thighs) to the cheeks.This minimally-invasive technique is a safe option, which is performed using local anesthesia, with little discomfort and minimal downtime. It can be performed in conjunction with liposuction surgery or additional facial rejuvenation services.
- Fat Grafting of Breast – Fat transfer breast augmentation uses liposuction to take fat from other parts of your body and inject it to the breast for enhancement. It is preferred for those looking for a relatively small increase in breast size with natural results. Fat Transfer is an alternative to Breast Implants. In fat grafting, fat tissue is removed from other parts of your body (thighs, belly, and buttocks) by liposuction, processed, and injected into the breast area to recreate the breast.Fat grafting, called lipofilling, is another method used to fix minor differences in the shape, balance, or position of the reconstructed breast compared to the other breast.
- Fat Grafting of Buttocks With fat grafting of buttocks a patient can achieve desired results with a fat transfer rather than liposuction. A fat transfer of buttock is a special procedure to bring more volume to a part of the body. Most often the fat is injected to the upper buttock, by extracting it from the lower buttock thus lifting the entire butt, tightening it and giving it a fit, proportionate and toned look.
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Discuss with surgeon the outcomes you are expecting and understand the possibilities of the outcomes you are looking for from the surgery.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before surgery; NO alcohol too.
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – rigorous activities for 2- 3 weeks
- Quit smoking for at least 3-4 weeks, stop alcohol intake for 4 weeks.
- Rest well and allow at least 2 weeks
- Proper nutrients, proteins and hydration helps proper healing.
- Do not compare results with others
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Adults with a healthy weight, firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone, and those healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing.
During your liposuction recovery, a compression garment or elastic bandages may cover treatment areas to help control swelling and compress the skin to your new body contours. Small temporary drains may be placed in existing incisions beneath the skin to remove any excess blood or fluid. The swelling may take several months to fully dissipate and make apparent the new contours and enhanced self-image.
Traditional liposuction costs around Rs.50,000 to Rs.1,20,000.
Individuals who want to augment or fill specific parts of their body like sunken cheeks, small or asymmetrical breasts or lean buttocks are likely to be interested in fat transfer. People with good health, sufficient fat, and have realistic goals are suitable for fat transfer procedure.
The donor area from which the fat is harvested is typically fitted with a compression garment or bandage to prevent collection of blood or fluid within the space under the skin. Patients should see most of the swelling and bruising at the donor site resolve after about 2 – 3 weeks.
Fat transfer risks and complications include:
- Allergic reaction to the local anesthetic,
- Permanent discoloration caused by a ruptured blood vessel at the treatment site,
- Blood clot at the treatment or donor site,
- Blood-borne infection (perhaps from another cosmetic or dental procedure),
- Scar tissue, and a fat embolism caused by a fat injection mistakenly directed into a blood vessel.
Facial fat transfer- Apparent bruising and swelling in the face will typically resolve within 2 weeks following a fat transfer procedure. By the second week, most patients can get back out in public with a little makeup to camouflage any residual swelling or bruising.
Fat transfer has become a preferred method of facial volume enhancement for patients who are allergic to traditional dermal fillers. Fat injection as a cosmetic treatment is natural, versatile, long-lasting, and safe. There are no chances of an adverse allergic reaction.
The price of fat grafting/transfer for breast enhancement is Rs. 100,000 – Rs. 2,00,000 depending on the volume of fat transfer and the hospital.
It depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / Surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 120,000 ( for 2 breasts).
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation, to help us understand and guide you better about the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from Liposculpting Surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in Liposculpting, Fat transfer, Liposuction and have been successful in delivering positive results.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.